We are pleased to announce a reduced timetable will be running throughout Summer 2020. Please read all the relevant information below before booking.
In line with FA guidance we can only provide this service to children 5 and over, and our maximum age remains at current Year 6s.
The safety of our participants and staff is our first consideration and priority. To ensure our holiday courses can run safely and in line with current guidance please see below information as to how our courses will run and what you need to consider. By signing your child up to our holiday coaching courses you are also giving consent for your child to take part in the courses as outlined below. We understand that social distancing for children of a young age can be difficult and coaches will endeavour to support children with this throughout. Please speak to your child about what they can expect during our courses and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Numbers will be limited to 15 children to ensure we are acting within current guidance and allowing space for social distancing.
- Where full weeks are available, there will be weekly bookings only to ensure consistency of ‘bubbles’ of children within the course.
- The majority of activities throughout the day will be socially distant, with children practicing skills and drills.
- There will be periods of activities that fall under ‘competitive training’, where children will take part in small sided football games as per FA guidance.
- Coaches will remain socially distant from children at all times, unless in an emergency situation.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available at the venue and coaches will be encouraging hand cleaning and good hygiene throughout.
- Equipment will be cleaned during breaks.
- All activities will take place outside, with us using indoor space for shelter only if weather is considered dangerous.
Notes for Parents/Carers
- Please ensure you can confirm the answers to following questions and if the answer is yes to any of these questions, please do not attend the course and follow government guidance with regards self-isolation:
1. Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus?
2. Do you have a high temperature?
3. Do you have a new continuous cough?
4. Do you have loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
- Please ensure you are available to immediately collect your child should they start to show any of the above symptoms during the course.
- In line with FA guidance, coaches will be able to break social distancing to administer life and limb saving first aid (with use of PPE), however please ensure you are available to collect your child should they become injured or require other close attention.
- If your child requires medication (such as an inhaler) please ensure they are able to administer this safely themselves.
- Please ensure you send your child with a named water bottle, named packed lunch, suitable clothing for all weather conditions and a sun hat/sun cream as sessions will take place outdoors.
- Despite hand sanitising stations being available at the venue, we encourage children to bring their own hand sanitiser for their use during the day.
- Please abide by social distancing rules when travelling to and from sessions and don’t mix with members from outside of your household in order to get to or from the session without maintaining social distance.
- Parents/carers will be asked to register their child at the entrance to the Leisure Centre, allowing us to minimise the number of people entering the building. DCCT staff will be on hand to manage this.
- Please limit the number of adults/children (parents, carers, siblings etc.) attending for drop off and pick up and ensure social distancing guidance is followed at all times.
- Parents/carers are advised to read the below guidance issued by the government around children attending out of school settings during the Coronavirus outbreak: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-parents-and-carers-of-children-attending-out-of-school-settings-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/guidance-for-parents-and-carers-of-children-attending-out-of-school-settings-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
Belper Leisure Centre (Football based)
Individual days: 4th, 7th, 11th and 14th August – £13 per day
Full weeks (whole week must be booked): weeks commencing 17th and 24th August – £52 per week (includes 20% saving)
Powerleague Soccerdome (Football based)
Full weeks (whole week must be booked): weeks commencing 10th, 17th and 24th August – £60 per week (includes 20% saving)
Derwent Parade, Derby, DE24 8BW
Derby Arena (Multi-sports based)
Not running in Summer 2020
Ripley Leisure Centre (Football based)
Not running in Summer 2020
Springfield Junior School (Multi-sports based)
Not running in Summer 2020
What To Expect
During the school holidays we operate our popular Holiday Coaching courses at venues around the county. Courses aim to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for primary aged children to practice their skills, take part in tournaments, make new friends and have fun while benefiting from our highly-skilled coaching team.
Holiday coaching is aimed solely at primary aged children, we work hard with our facility hosts and key partners to ensure that indoor facilities are utilised where possible and that our courses are good value for money with prices starting from just £12.50 per day.
Our courses take place in the below venues:
- Powerleague Soccerdome, Derby
- Derby Arena, Derby
- Springfield Junior School in Swadlincote
- Ripley Leisure Centre
- Belper Leisure Centre
As of Summer 2019 our holiday coaching prices have been increased slightly in line with increased venue and staffing costs.