Active in April
Make A Difference
Participants and supporters are moving 100K their way through the month of April and fundraise to help us provide high quality opportunities that positively change lives and enhance our communities.
Cost: Sign up for free!
Whether you walk, run, cycle or have even more creative ideas, your support to cover 100K across the month of April while raising vital funds for our charity will make a huge difference to those in need.
All funds raised will be invested into local programmes, addressing key issues in the community such as health and wellbeing, personal attainment, and community engagement. We provide life-changing opportunities for the young through to the elderly and have an inclusive, participant centred approach to our work, supporting people of all ages, gender, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- £50 could fund a child, whose family may be suffering financial hardship, through a week of holiday coaching, ensuring they remain active and healthy whilst out of school.
- £150 could purchase an electronic tablet that can be used to bridge the digital divide and keep an isolated member of the community connected or enable a household to have an additional device for schoolwork.
- £200 could provide one of our learners with the necessary kit needed to fulfil their qualification.
- £300 could fund a wellbeing event which tackles inequalities in lower socio-economic and BME communities that are particularly pertinent to the development of certain cancers.
- £500 could support the running costs of our Sensory Room at Pride Park, providing a safe and relaxing space for children and eliminating any segregation from who can and who cannot enjoy a game of football.
- £1000 could pay for a community Christmas meal for 100 participants from our most vulnerable programmes such as Active Choices to celebrate festivities with others.
- £2000 could pay for a volunteer to experience our life-changing Rams in Kenya trip which would leave a lasting legacy on the projects in Africa.
- Help to get you started
- Regular check in from DCCT Events Team
- Social media shout outs
- Assistance setting up your very own online fundraising page
- Fundraising guide with ideas on how to promote your challenge
- Medal if you raise £100
- Technical top if you raise £200
- A wonderful sense of accomplishment
- Improved fitness and wellbeing