Derby County Community Trust Football and Education Programme
In partnership with local education providers, Derby County Community Trust’s Football and Education programme is an extraordinary platform that gives talented young individuals the chance to achieve a football qualification while continuing their full-time academic studies.
The programme is designed to give 16 to 18-year-olds the best opportunity to gain A Level and BTEC qualifications while training and competing in an elite football programme. Our coaches will be on hand to provide proper guidance to help participants find the correct balance of being a student athlete. Additionally, we will combine the technical, tactical, psychological and physical facets of the game to promote the development of both their studies and play.
On the pitch, the programme looks to test the players’ ability at the highest level of play outside of academy football. Competing in the NYFL League will give players the opportunity to also trial at local semi-professional and professional clubs.
Other benefits of the programme include:
- Access to high quality coaching and daily access to a UEFA Licensed qualified coaching team
- Official match and training kit
- Behind the scenes look at Derby County Football Club
- Mentoring of students by football coaches
- Support with academic studies by specialists at the college
- Additional sports coaching qualifications available alongside studies
- Opportunities for work experience and volunteering with Derby County Community Trust
- Potential employment opportunities
- Opportunities for US College Soccer Scholarships
- Coaching opportunities during the summer in America
The beauty of the programme is that we work in learning venues across the county, we currently support:
Come along to our next Open Evening on Thursday 13th December from 6:15pm to 7:15pm at Pride Park Stadium (Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL) to learn more.
Please complete the form below and we’ll get in contact with you ASAP:
Or, contact call 01332 416140, e-mail at [email protected].