This year the Premier League want pupils to write poems based on the theme of ambition, using inspiration from the poem Beautiful Ambition by Karl Nova.
The poem and subject encourages us to think of our dreams for the future and understand that dreams and aspirations are valuable and that they can be achieved. The poem incorporates self-belief and resilience and these are themes that run through this programme.
Read the fantastic new poem written by the poet Karl Nova to help inspire pupils to write their own poem below.
The competition will be judged by our panel, including our star poet, Karl Nova, Waterstones Children’s Laureate Cressida Cowell, and Leicester City captain Wes Morgan.
There will be a top national prize and 10 regional prizes for each category (Key stage 1 and Key stage 2). There will also be prizes for the best entries in Welsh at Key stage 1 and Key stage 2.
Prizes for national winners:
- The opportunity for the Premier League Trophy to visit your school, as well as an exclusive poetry workshop delivered by a leading children’s author or poet
Prizes for regional winners and national winners:
- An invitation to a celebration event (19 May 2020)
- The winning poems featured in an illustrated book of Premier League Writing Stars poems
- A framed version of the winning poems
Each year at DCCT we run our own local round of the competition, entries can be submitted directly to us and we will then submit them into the national competition. To enter your pupils into the local round of the competition entries must be submitted by close of play Wednesday 18th March, prizes include:
· 1x KS1 Winner and 1x KS2 Winner
· 2x tickets to a DCFC fixture
· Signed DCFC Shirt
· DCFC Water Bottle
· Poem to be featured in the matchday programme
Click here for judging criteria, resources and more!