Football and, in particular, Derby County Football Club has the ability to engage people, improve community cohesion and raise the hopes and aspirations of the people of Derbyshire. As a Club we are committed to ensuring that we respond to local needs whilst working strategically in line with regional and national agendas. We all recognise that sport can play a prominent role in addressing major issues such as obesity, anti-social behaviour, health, employment and attainment.
Through key partnerships and a robust multi-agency approach, we ensure that we can achieve our aims and objectives effectively and effiecently. Our partnerships work underpins the entire scheme delivery programme and enables us to work strategically within Derbyshire. These relationships enable us to engage with underrepresented and hard to reach groups.
"Use the power of Derby County Football Club to improve the lives of the people of Derbyshire through participation in sport".
In placing Derby County Football club at the heart of the community we will:
1. Increase participation in sport and develop talent pathways.
2. Promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles within local communities.
3. Deliver an inclusive programme of activities that involves and engages hard to reach groups, improving community cohesion.
4. Develop and empower leaders, coaches and volunteers.
5. Engage and inspire young people, raising and celebrating educational achievement.
6. Govern the operations of DCCT efficiently and effectively.